SI2 is a great place to work. I am really amazed at how amicable everyone is and how much trust they have in their co-ops. Every week is a new exciting challenge and there is always something new to learn.
We are always on the lookout to cultivate new talent to join the SI2 team. Don’t wait for us to find you – reach out today!
The SI2 team embodies the “work hard, play hard” mantra, and enjoys a variety of company outings and events together. Prospective candidates should send a resume, salary requirements and a statement of citizenship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Open Positions
(Click a position listed below to learn more)
Senior Antenna/Array Research & Development Engineer
The successful Senior Antenna/Array Research & Development Engineering candidate will be an innovative and energetic, self-motivated and “hands-on” engineer responsible for the following job functions both individually and as a member of the RF Systems R&D team:
- Execute & provide systems level expertise on technical tasks for existing and new contracts to develop new antenna/array systems, technology and processes; communicate challenges, approaches and results, and support the Program Manager in setting cost and schedule requirements
- Support the contract R&D business segment by writing and winning Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) proposals and supporting the Business Development Team on other non-SBIR proposals and white papers
- Support product development technical activities
- Develop trusted partner relationships with both Government and Prime Contractor SMEs
- Maintain up-to-date technical and non-technical job knowledge through professional development activities and participation in professional organizations and societies
Additive Manufacturing Technician
As an Additive Manufacturing Technician at SI2, you will be responsible for supporting our research and product development activities by creating additively manufactured parts. You will provide technical support in the development of AM hardware using conventional and SI2’s proprietary additive manufacturing technologies on a variety of 2D and 3D printing equipment. You will also be responsible for supporting our roll-to-roll manufacturing area including machine operation, material handling, and software interfacing. SI2’s wide format inkjet systems require the ability to debug hardware issues, maintain equipment, manipulate print files using various software tools, and monitor and manage of printing tasks. You will work both individually and with a team of engineers, scientists, program management and material suppliers to meet technical milestones and production goals.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
The FP&A Analyst position is a key role within a close-knit Finance team. We are looking for a true team player to step in and make an immediate impact. Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of FP&A experience with a government contractor, intermediate to advance Excel skills and a desire to learn and grow with SI2 Technologies. Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting and analysis in support of the Quarterly Reviews, Annual Operating Plans, Strategic Advisory Board presentation preparation and operating expense analysis
- Lead the monthly and quarterly Orders, Sales, Profit and Cash forecast processes; clearly identify and quantify risks and opportunities
- Prepare and evolve, as appropriate, templates and presentations for weekly, monthly and annual reporting
- Investigate and analyze variances between actual and financial plans on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with the Accounting/GL team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded
- Assist with monthly/quarterly close reporting and analysis processes, determine key drivers through focused analysis and summarize the company’s financial performance
- Engage with Company personnel to identify, monitor and assess current and future discretionary investments (B&P, IR&D, Capital investments)
3 and 6 month internships in multiple disciplines
- Electrical Engineering with particular interest in candidates with RF, microwave and millimeter wave concentrations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing Engineering
Potential full-time and part-time opportunities after internship
- Staff Engineers
- Staff Scientists
Benefits for full-time employees include, but not limited to:
- Tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees
- 401K company contribution
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Working at SI2 allowed me to gain a complete insight into different parts of the business as well, from writing reports and creating presentations to bid proposal and customer briefings.
SI2 is full of incredibly friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable employees who provided me with invaluable experience to many aspects of my degree’s field. I was able to work on projects that gave me exposure to things that would otherwise not be available through just taking classes.
- Due to the nature of our work, US citizenship is required.
- Enrolled in an engineering program
- Aptitude for learning new software tools and analysis techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good organizational, presentation and writing skills; self-motivated, creative, open to new ideas; enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic multi-tasking environment
- Hands-on laboratory work including hardware assembly and integration and test measurements
- Data reduction and analysis using computer tools, such as MATLAB
- Internal presentations and written reports on results, progress, issues and potential approaches
- Contribute to the company’s mission and solutions to enhance the warfighter’s effectiveness
- Potential part-time (during the returning semester) and full-time opportunities after co-op program
- Opportunities to solve complex problems by developing and integrating new ideas
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Training and mentoring from experienced professionals