SI2 is a great place to work. I am really amazed at how amicable everyone is and how much trust they have in their co-ops. Every week is a new exciting challenge and there is always something new to learn.
Do you have what it takes to propel your career and our company to the next level?
If so, SI2 wants to hear from YOU!
We’re searching for individuals who embody our core values and share our passion for discovering new solutions to the Department of Defense’s most pressing needs and bringing them to life to enable the warfighter to win!
You: talented, curious, innovative, smart, thrives on challenge, self-motivated and enjoys collaboration.
Your SI2 colleagues: award-winning talent, experienced leaders, positive attitudes, problem solvers, collaborative, competitive and motivated by big challenges. If someone says, “It can’t be done,” they haven’t talked to us! Let’s start a conversation – firstname.lastname@example.org
US Citizenship required
Our Core Values
Tell It As It Is
Honesty, openness and timeliness in what you say, including the details
How you communicate and what you do
How you react to what happens to you (e.g. what others say and do)
Knowing your job and getting it done
Being open minded in overcoming obstacles to get your job done
Overcoming obstacles to get your job done right and on time
Current Open Positions
(Click a position listed below to learn more)
Senior Antenna/Array Research & Development Engineer
The successful Senior Antenna/Array Research & Development Engineer will help grow SI2’s contract R&D business by executing on existing contracts and identifying and securing new R&D contracts, primarily from the Government. In addition to growing the contract R&D business, the Senior Antenna/Array Research & Development Engineer will support our product development and production teams by developing new intellectual property which can be transitioned to product development, as well as providing technical support during product development and through production as needed.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the following job functions:
- Execute & provide systems level expertise on technical tasks on R&D contracts to develop new antenna/array systems, technology and processes for DOD EW, ISR, radar and communication applications.
- Support product development technical activities through the design, development and testing of prototype antenna/array systems.
- Test antenna/array systems, analyze results in comparison to predicted performance and provide assessment of design, manufacturing process and performance. Write technical reports, prepare presentations and present results.
- Support the contract R&D business segment by writing and winning proposals (e.g. Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and non-SBIR), support the Program Manager in setting cost and schedule requirements, and support the Business Development Team on other activities (e.g. presentations and white papers).
- Develop trusted partner relationships with both Government and Prime Contractor SME’s. Maintain up-to-date technical and non-technical job knowledge through professional development activities and participation in professional organizations and societies.
Manager, Mechanical Engineering and Additive Manufacturing
The Manager, Mechanical Engineering and Additive Manufacturing will contribute as a Technical Group Leader and be a key member of SI2’s Operations team reporting to the COO. These contributions will include leading, managing and mentoring their team to maintain SI2’s state of the art technological position in flexible hybrid electronics, printed electronics and additive manufacturing expertise and capabilities including system integration/packaging in support of current and future programs and products.
As a Manager, you will be responsible for the following job functions:
- Lead and manage a highly qualified, diverse technical staff focused on innovative solutions in the area of flexible hybrid electronics
- Utilize contract R&D resources to develop and transition new antenna system and signal mitigation technology and products for DOD applications
- Develop technology-based relationships with subject matter experts within both the Government and Primes
- Lead the technical support to the Business Development team in proposals and white papers
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
The FP&A Analyst position is a key role within a close-knit Finance team. We are looking for a true team player to step in and make an immediate impact. Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of FP&A experience with a government contractor, intermediate to advance Excel skills and a desire to learn and grow with SI2 Technologies. Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting and analysis in support of the Quarterly
Reviews, Annual Operating Plans, Strategic Advisory Board presentation preparation and
operating expense analysis
- Lead the monthly and quarterly Orders, Sales, Profit and Cash forecast processes, clearly
identify and quantify risks and opportunities.
- Prepare and evolve, as appropriate, templates and presentations for weekly, monthly and
- Investigate and analyze variances between actual and financial plans on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with the Accounting/GL team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly
- Assist with monthly/quarterly close reporting and analysis processes, determine key
drivers through focused analysis and summarize the company’s financial performance
- Engage with Company personnel to identify, monitor and assess current and future
discretionary investments (B&P, IR&D, Capital investments).
3 and 6 month internships in multiple disciplines
- Electrical Engineering with particular interest in candidates with RF, microwave and millimeter wave concentrations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing Engineering
Potential full-time and part-time opportunities after internship
- Staff Engineers
- Staff Scientists
Benefits for full-time employees include, but not limited to:
- Tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees
- 401K company contribution
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible schedule
SI2 is full of incredibly friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable employees who provided me with invaluable experience to many aspects of my degree’s field. I was able to work on projects that gave me exposure to things that would otherwise not be available through just taking classes.
Working at SI2 allowed me to gain a complete insight into different parts of the business as well, from writing reports and creating presentations to bid proposal and customer briefings.
- Due to the nature of our work, US citizenship is required.
- Enrolled in an engineering program
- Aptitude for learning new software tools and analysis techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good organizational, presentation and writing skills; self-motivated, creative, open to new ideas; enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic multi-tasking environment
- Hands-on laboratory work including hardware assembly and integration and test measurements
- Data reduction and analysis using computer tools, such as MATLAB
- Internal presentations and written reports on results, progress, issues and potential approaches
- Contribute to the company’s mission and solutions to enhance the warfighter’s effectiveness
- Potential part-time (during the returning semester) and full-time opportunities after co-op program
- Opportunities to solve complex problems by developing and integrating new ideas
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Training and mentoring from experienced professionals
Come join our success and grow with the strength of our fascinating products and services. We are looking for students with confidence and the right stuff to join our team! Use the form below or e-mail your resume or to email@example.com to apply for a 3 or 6 month internship.
Work and Play in Merrimack Valley
SI2 Technologies, located in Billerica, Massachusetts is situated in the Merrimack Valley Region and is about a 30-minute drive to downtown Boston and just a few short miles away from the New Hampshire border. Three major routes, 495, I-93 and Route 3 are easily accessible from SI2, and the North Billerica commuter rail stop is minutes down the road, offering fast access to Boston, Lowell, and various neighboring towns. The area has a wide range of dining, sporting and entertainment options.
Massachusetts experiences all four seasons, and we have lots to do in each! Whether you want to explore the mills and canals of historic Lowell in the spring, swim in Silver Lake in summer, hike or bike along miles of trails in the Lowell Heritage Manning State Parks and the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail, or catch a MLB AAA Lowell Spinners baseball game at LeLacheur Park, the region offers something for everyone. For history buffs, Minute Man National Park, the birthplace of the Revolutionary War, is only a short drive away. The Merrimack Repertory Theater’s summer music series is a highly anticipated annual event; the Lowell Folk Festival is the longest running free Folk Festival in the country and art and culture lovers can check out the Whistler House Museum (you may have heard all about his mother) or the Loading Dock Gallery for the newest installation. Thoreau’s abode at Walden Pond and the surrounding hiking paths will inspire the academic in you in the fall. Or step back into our state’s rich industrial past at the Boott Cotton Mills Museum or the Charles Dickens Lowell Experience.
To get your blood pumping during New England’s winters, check out the annual Winterfest Celebration, or if skiing is your jam, head out to Nashoba Valley Ski Area 10 minutes away or conquer one of New Hampshire’s black diamonds at Waterville Valley, Loon Mountain, Mt. Cranmore or Attitash, all within a few hours’ drive. If you prefer your winter sports indoors, catch a hockey game with NCAA’s Division Champions the Lowell River Hawks